(See also EcoSattva Training for another practice opportunity this fall)
A Three-month Spiritual Practice Intensive
September 2 – November 28, 2015
Life is incredibly beautiful! Each moment, each encounter, each breath holds a whole world of joy. Yet we live in hard times. Spiritual practice allows us to see the beauty and face the difficulty at the same time.
This intensive is based on Dogen Zenji’s essay Genjo Koan, whose title means “Actualizing the fundamental point or “the matter at hand.” It invites us to let go of our individual striving, relax, and settle into an intimate relationship with the universe: completely supported and at the same time wholeheartedly responsible.
Employing age-old methods from Soto Zen tradition, we’ll learn together and begin to develop a personal practice style. No Zen or Buddhist experience is necessary to participate. The intensive includes classes, retreats, and meetings with a teacher. Partial participation is an option.
Classes: First and Third Wednesdays Sept 2 – Nov 18th, 6:30-8:30 pm
- First Wednesdays: Genjo Koan.
- Third Wednesdays: personal practice, daily and community life, questions and sharing.
- Place: Northfield Buddhist Meditation Center, 313 1/2 Division St, Northfield, MN 55057
All-day Retreats: October 3 and November 28, 9 am-5 pm (pre-registration required, fee)
- October 3: introduction to Zen practice
- November 28: settling down, moving forward
- Place: Mountains and Waters Farm, 16922 Cabot Ave, Faribault, MN 55021
Registration and questions: Shodo Spring, firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-384-8541.