This page will have the most current listing of activities this year, with links for more information. This will include Zen events, farm events, and Mountains and Waters Alliance events.
- April 1 noon to 4: Morel workshop – $10 except for past volunteers
- TBD: grafting workshop – graft apple and pear trees in orchard
- Spring TBD: Woods care: pull buckthorn, plant natives, harvest downed trees
- TBD: foraging, harvesting nettles, hunting mushrooms
- TBD: burn fields to help things green up or prep for planting
- And general care of orchard and garden – companion planting, mulching, planting, we’ll see. There are plenty of backup options for rainy days.
Daily (M-F throughout the year; check for exceptions):
- 6 am zazen
- 6:50 short chanting service
- breakfast, work, free time
- evening zazen during intensives
Monthly Retreats at farm (approximate dates):
April 15-19, June 17-20 (maybe), July 15-19, August 19-23, September 16-20, October 21-25, November 18-22, December 1-8.
Some of these may be shorter. There might be introductory retreats, community retreats (with talks, work periods, and such), or guest teachers. It will always be fine to come to part of a retreat. By donation except for cost of food and fuel.
Every first, third, and fifth Wednesday evening, 6:30-8:30, sitting and study group at Northfield Buddhist Meditation Center. Except when I’m traveling – which includes May and possibly other dates. You can join an email list for this group.